Friday, October 03, 2008

FREEBIE FRIDAY Ramblings

Happy Friday!

News today... Who watched the VP debate last night? I watched through Current TV's Hack the Debate (well, kind of watched. I was doing other things, too. I'm too easily distracted from and annoyed by politics to have paid complete attention.) Hack the Debate was a more interesting format than straight TV, though (viewers' live comments via Twitter appeared on the screen throughout the debate.)

In more entertaining news, Stephenie Meyer posted the first song from the TWILIGHT soundtrack on her blog yesterday. Anyone else planning a November 21 movie party?

And speaking of movies, Nick and Nora's Infinite Playlist opens today. Anyone planning on seeing it? I've been looking forward to it, but disappointed to see some not-so-great reviews. Don't know about you, but (although I love them) I only have so much time/money to spend on movies. Is this one worth making a theater trip, or will it be better to catch on DVD in a few months? If you go see it, let me know what you think!

Meanwhile, it's cold, gray and blah in Ohio today. I have errands to run but no motivation to venture outside. I think I would rather curl up in my overstuffed chair with a book and a cup of hot chocolate.

In fact... for today's Freebie Friday, I think I'll offer that combination. To be entered to win a packet of gourmet hot chocolate mix and your choice of Sarah Dessen's KEEPING THE MOON or Lisa McMann's WAKE (both good curling-up-on-a-cold-day books) leave a comment below telling me what you're going to do with your first October weekend.

Have a good one!!!