Friday, November 28, 2008

WINNER!


Happy Frantic Friday everyone.

(For any readers outside the U.S., Frantic Friday is the day after Thanksgiving, so dubbed when I used to work in retail years ago because that's the day Christmas shopping officially begins and stores and malls are typically packed with people.)

OK, I said I would save my review of Twilight until you all had a chance to weigh in. Thanks for all the great comments, by the way. I enjoyed reading what your reactions were. As for me, I enjoyed Twilight. Yes, I thought some of the acting was very wooden (as my friend Kate said, in the meadow scene, it was so wooden, you could build a boat and row across a lake...), the makeup was awful - and not consistent, and the special effects were like stepping back 30 years and watching one of those bad B movies.

But...

I loved so much about it, that I'm excited for the next movie. Jacob, for one thing, was adorable! I love Taylor Lautner in My Own Worst Enemy and I have complete confidence that he can pull off a buffed Jacob in New Moon. Plus, he can cut his hair and ditch that silly wig. Alice was likewise just as I imagined her. The scenery was beautiful - especially when Edward takes Bella to the top of that tree (even though the special effects of them getting there were laughable and the Bella of the book could never have stood up there, holding on with only one hand...) And the great thing is that they made so much money off of Twilight in the first weekend that they can pay for better makeup/special effects/writing/acting coaching for the next movie, so that gives me hope!

In any event, thanks for sharing your experience with me. I wish I could select you all as the winner this week, but alas, I would go broke. So, by random drawing, this week's Freebie Friday winner is:

CAITLYN

Please send me an email with the word WINNER in the subject line and let me know which prize you would prefer, and your mailing address.

Everyone else, stay tuned... another Freebie Friday is on it's way!!!