Saturday, May 16, 2009

DEATH BY DENIM Party Day #3

Wow! What a day! I'm back finally and ready to party!

First things first, because I know some of you are anxious about this. The winners of Friday's drawings are:

DEATH BY BIKINI - Brooke Reviews

Deadly Denim gift bag - Sarah Christine

I had a great time last night at the signing, hanging out with my friend Jenny, getting to know the awesome CRM Linda, and meeting a bunch of you from Lakota West (hi, guys!) I have to show you this couple that came into the store. This has got to be my favorite prom date idea ever - go to a bookstore! Prom couple FTW!

When I was driving home, Jenny called to tell me there was a tornado warning in the area and wondered if maybe I should come back to Cincinnati (I live about two hours away). I called my husband and had him check the weather radar online and see where the storm was, and he said, "You're in the middle of it." Huh. It wasn't raining, there was no lightning, it didn't even seem that windy. So I decided to go for it. I only got maybe 20 minutes down the road when they closed the Interstate! It was a parking lot for miles. And by then I couldn't turn around because I wasn't anywhere near an exit and I was hemmed in by other cars. We sat there for over an hour before the road was open again. Weird. So I got home about one in the morning, and then had to meet for the Undokai at 7:30.

An Undokai is a Japanese sports day. They have relays and tugs of war and other team games. Luckily, the rain held off until we were done.

So now, let's get back to partying!

Some of you may have heard of the teensforjeans program that collects gently-used jeans for homeless teens. Even David Archuleta has been getting into the action. Here's an article about some of the teens near Cincinnati collecting jeans for the project. Check out the link above to get involved with the project this year. New information will be going up in the fall and you can get involved. Meanwhile, you could be collecting those jeans!

For today's daily drawing to win a copy of a signed DEATH BY DENIM, leave a reply telling me what you could do to help someone in need.