Wednesday, September 16, 2009

WInner and What's Up Wednesday

Happy Wednesday!

Thanks for sharing your horse stories with me. I'm such a sucker for horses. Have been forever. I would have completely devoured Jessica's books when I was growing up. The winner and lucky future devourer of TRIPLE FAULT is:

Erica

Please drop a note to gerb (@) lindagerber (.) com with your mailing instructions and I'll get that sent out to you. Please put Winner in the subject heading so it doesn't get spam filtered or lost in the several pages of emails in my inbox I am trying to work my way through.

Everyone else, come on back on Friday for a fabulous freebie with Paula Chase Hyman, who will be giving away a complete set of her DEL RIO BAY series!

Meanwhile, here's what's up this week:

Kanye interrupts everything!
Kanye West's outburst at the VMAs may have been a carefully-executed publicity stunt or it may have been plain stupidity, but what ever it was, it sure made him big news this week, turning him into a meme and even a twitter trending topic. It'd be cool if he could get the same kind of attention for doing something good. Still, thanks for the laughs...




RIP Patrick Swayze. 1962-2009.



Shannon Hale fans - FOREST BORN hit the shelves yesterday!


Margaret Peterson Haddix fans - SENT hit the NYT bestseller list at #4 this week! Congratulations, Margaret!


Other fabulous releases this week include:

GIVE UP THE GHOST by Megan Crewe
ONCE A WITCH by Carolyn MacCullough
THE CUPCAKE QUEEN by Heather Hepler
NEVER CRY WEREWOLF by Heather Davis

Book Bloggers Are Made of Awesome. This is Book Blogger Appreciation Week. Some of my favorite book bloggers and reviewers were nominated and won an award. Some weren't. But I appreciate the time, effort and thought that all of them have shared with us. Thanks you guys! Have you hugged a book blogger today?

Good News!!! Well, this one is going to have to wait until it's announced, but... yay!

See you Friday!