Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Brain Dead Post

On the iPod - Never Let You Go by Third Eye Blind

It's late (or early, depending on how you look at it) but I have a full day tomorrow (today) so here goes. I apologize in advance for any errors in this post.

By random drawing, the winner of Elizabeth Scott's THE UNWRITTEN RULE is...
*drumroll, please*

Lili

Please send your mailing instructions to gerb (@) lindagerber (dot) com and we'll get that sent out to you. Don't forget to put WINNER in the subject line so it doesn't get lost in my inbox.

Everyone, come on back the Friday for a special Spring Break Freebie, featuring a reader's choice giveaway.

What's up?

On Saturday I helped judge the regional Power of the Pen competition. This is for 7th and 8th grade and I'll tell you what - there's a couple writers I'm going to be watching and I'll bet I have their books on my shelves in a few years! Go, Penners!

Health Care Reform was signed into law on Tuesday. (NYT) How did I never notice that President Obama was a leftie? ==>

Eclipse poster released (eonline) *Yawn* They all look bored. (Does Kristen Stewart's face make any other expression?)

Perfect NCAA bracket. (NBC Chicago) After all the upsets this week, I'm impressed. Even more impressed with the amount of $$ this kid could win with his picks. Whoa.

No senior year? (SLJ) Does that mean you could start slacking as a second-semester Junior?

Do school libraries need books? (NYT) Wow. Just wow.

John Grisham's MG novel has cover. (Amazon) Doesn't TheodoreBoone look like a Hardy Boy? : )

Library-Love Challenge (writerjenn) Spread the love by commenting on these blogs!

Happy release week to Alexandra Bracken (BRIGHTLY WOVEN), Nina de Gramont (EVERY LITTLE THING IN THE WORLD), David Patneaude
(EPITAPH ROAD) , Gary Paulsen (LAWN BOY RETURNS), Rachel Hawthorne (SHADOW OF THE MOON: DARK GUARDIAN), Keith Gray (OSTRICH BOYS), Holly Nicole Hoxter (THE SNOWBALL EFFECT)!!!!

This week's Youtube Linkie: