Wednesday, April 07, 2010

Librarians Save the World!

Thanks to everyone who emailed bully stories and who joined the YAAAB facebook group. Together we can help raise awareness and empower kids (and adults) against the scourge of bullying.

Also, thank you to everyone who entered the drawing for a TRANCE ARC. I was completely overwhelmed by the number of entries. Wow! I sincerely appreciate the support. The winner by random drawing is:

Kelsey

Since I already have your information, Kelsey, I will be emailing you.

I also appreciate the requests from book bloggers for review copies. I'll be emailing each of you separately. The number of TRANCE ARCs I have this time around are limited so there will be some sharing involved. If you are a reviewer and would like to get on the list for the pass-along copies, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Everyone, please be sure to come back on Friday for another debut freebie with author Mara Purnhagen, who will be offering a signed copy of her new YA novel, TAGGED.

What else is up this week?

A chance to make a difference (GuysLitWire) Operation Teen Book Drop can use your help.

Do you know your signature style? (TFC) Come on over and share!

Another book from JK Rowling (EW) Just don't release it on October 14, please!

More librarians in danger! (SLJ ) (OLA) (Library Stuff) I do not understand this. Librarians rock! We need libraries! I understand we are in a recession, but nowledge is power. Where are the priorities, lawmakers??

Libraries are our learning centers. (HP) At least the Huffington Post gets it.

Laurie Halse Anderson agrees. (ALA) "School libraries are the foundation of our culture."

The iPad is here! (DN) *Yawn*

KFC Unleashes the Double Down. (CNN) Hmmm... I wonder why obesity is a problem in our country.
Sneak peek at final 39 CLUES covers! (EW) Look! That's Margaret's book on the right!

Castle continues to rock. I don't just love him because he's a writer. Well, OK, that helps.

Happy release week to:
Jeanette Ingold
(PAPER DAUGHTER) , Sydney Salter (SWOON AT YOUR OWN RISK), Catherine Hapka (AT FIRST SIGHT). Adrienne Maria Vrettos (THE EXILE OF GIGI LANE), Natasha Friend (FOR KEEPS), Barbara Quick (A GOLDEN WEB), Hope Larson (MERCURY), Kelly Armstrong (THE RECKONING), John Green & David Levithan (WILL GRAYSON, WILL GRAYSON )

This Week's YouTube linkie in honor of the start of baseball season: