Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Winner and Shoplifting Confession

Hola from beautiful Mazatlan. My DH is watching the World Cup so I'm sneaking away quickly to do this post.

The winner of LIFTED by Wendy Toliver is:

elioravespera

Please send your mailing instructions to: gerb (@) lindagerber (.) com and we'll get that sent out to you.

Notice to my last week winners - I apologize, but since I've been on the road, neither book has been sent yet, but they will be as soon as I get back to the States! Also, because I will be in flight on Friday, there will be no Freebie Friday this week, but check back next week for the summer lineup!

Meanwhile, I promised I would tell you my shoplifting story. I was in 7th grade. My friend Kristin and I used to walk home from school each day, and sometimes we would stop at the drugstore in a nearby strip mall on our way. So one day, we were looking at fingernail polish and I found a color I really liked. We grabbed some candy and I got that bottle of fingernail polish and we paid and left the store.

When I got home, I discovered that I had another bottle of fingernail polish in my coat pocket. I must have put it in there when we were choosing our candy and then forgot about it. I was mortified. I called Kristin and we came up with an elaborate plan of how I was going to sneak the fingernail polish back into the store.

The next day after school, we stopped at the drugstore. We wandered up and down the aisles, scoping out where any security mirrors or cameras might be and how we were going to avoid detection. Then Kristin distracted the clerk while I snuck over to the fingernail polish display and slipped my purloined bottle back onto the shelf. I signaled Kristin to let her know the deed was done and we practically ran from the store. I'm sure the clerk suspected something was up. I'm also pretty sure she wouldn't have guessed that I was shoplifting in reverse!

We never did stop into that drugstore on our way home again.


Quickly before I go... HAPPY RELEASE to Holly Cupala! Her book TELL ME A SECRET just came out this week. I met Holly at the Teen Author Carnival where I learned how to pronounce her name (coo-PAH-la). Not only is she too adorable for words, she's about the nicest person you'd ever want to meet. And I've heard nothing but good things about TELL ME A SECRET. Stop by her Virtual Birthday Party for chances to win swag!