Friday, August 06, 2010

Freebie Friday with Melissa de la Cruz and Ally Carter

First of all... HAPPY ANNIVERSARY to my sweetheart, Aaron. Mwwwwwaaaaaaa!!!!!

And now, I have to tell you about my geek out moments last week while I was at RWA... So, Wednesday evening, I got to party with the YA Golden Heart finalists before the Literacy Signing. Very cool group of ladies. I had to leave early to go get set up for the signing, so I leave them to their margaritas, and step onto the elevator, and right there in front of me is Melissa de la Cruz! I do the complete geek thing and gush to her about what a fan I am. Yes, I am smooth like that. Anyway, Melissa walks to the signing with me. Such a genuine and nice person.

And then! I've known Tera Lynn Childs online for forever, but never had a chance to meet her in person until this conference. Again, nicest person alive. I love her.

And I got to hang out with Marley Gibson and Wendy Toliver and Rosemary Clement-Moore and meet Tina Ferraro and hold Simone Elkeles's Rita statue, and... it was so cool.

Oh! And I met Meg Cabot!!! She's one of my most favorite authors ever. I am completely in love with Jesse, the hot Spanish ghost in her MEDIATOR series. They gave copies of her new book, INSATIABLE away at the conference and I devoured it in like two days. Anyway, I got my picture taken with Meg Cabot!!! Yes, I am such a geeky fangirl.

But back to Melissa de la Cruz... she and Ally Carter did a workshop about author branding. Afterward, I went up to talk to Melissa, and... she remembered me from Wednesday and greeted me warmly. Can I just say what a thrill that was? As was meeting Ally Carter for the first time. My daughters and I have read every one of the GALLAGHER GIRLS books as well as HEIST SOCIETY and we all just love her.

Both Melissa and Ally were kind enough to sign copies of their books, THE VAN ALEN LEGACY and I'D TELL YOU THAT I LOVE YOU, BUT THEN I'D HAVE TO KILL YOU for our Freebie Friday giveaway, which means... two winners!

To be entered to win, leave a comment below, telling me... have you ever totally geeked out when meeting someone famous? (Or even someone you really liked, or were crushing on?) This drawing will remain open until Wednesday, August 11.

And don't forget this month's TRANCE Countdown Drawing. Up for grabs is $160 in CSN Store money. Be sure to spread the word and enter below. Or click here.