Friday, October 08, 2010

Party with Chelsea Swiggett

Hey, it's Chelsea! Welcome to the party!

I'm a huge fan of Chelsea's. She's a book blogger (blogging as the Page Flipper), she's a master organizer, wonderful at bringing people together, and she is the talented author of RAE, a novel in the Louder Than Words series. Chelsea's eighteen years old and will soon be heading to college to major in English and immerse herself even further into the world of books and writing. She serves on the Ypulse Youth Advisory Board and plans on traveling the world — or at least the U.S. — by the time 2012 hits. Just in case.

Here's the blurb about RAE:

Rae is beyond socially awkward.

Since she was a little girl, Rae knew something was different about her. The sound of planes flying overhead could spark a panic attack. Being called on in class was enough to push her over the edge. She feared the unknown, life, death, people . . . even fear itself.

By the time she reached ninth grade, Rae was muddling through life in relative silence, convinced everyone was mocking her, judging her, picking her apart, bit by little bit. Rae knew she couldn’t keep going on this way. She knew something had to give.

Here are Chelsea's numbers and her reaction:

Eleven is a master number. It is associated with wisdom, intellect and spirituality. Elevens are altruistic, sensitive, artistic, visionary, idealistic, have a sense of community. Eleven can also be a warning of hidden dangers, treachery from others, or a person who has a great deal to contend with.


Would it be narcissistic of me to say this is accurate? I like to think of myself as an academic, so I'm in the pursuit of wisdom - even if I haven't gained it yet. ;) And I hope I'm considered artistic because I really need an excuse for the reason I spend so much time in another world, writing fictional characters. But let's hope the latter part of this half isn't as true as the first. I'm not a fan of treachery.


Twenty-five This is a number denoting strength gained through experience, and benefits obtained through observation of people and things. It is not deemed exactly "lucky", as its success is given through strife and trials in an earlier life. It is favorable when it appears in regard to the future.


I am rather observant (almost to an eerie degree.) I tend to watch my surroundings a lot and analyze them. I guess 25 is alright. We all go through trails, right? At least I get some strength out of mine!


Twenty-nine is a warning number, which foreshadows trials, uncertainty and difficulty. These difficulties should be viewed as opportunities to learn. People influenced by this number struggle between logic and emotion.


...*cough* It looks like I have some fun waiting for me! And I really do struggle between logic and emotion. I'm probably one of the most indecisive people you'll ever meet because I overthink everything.


Your name number vibration is nine.

Nine is considered sacred by the Chaldeans. It contains the forces of all the other numbers and stands for a complete cycle of growth. Nines tend to be selfless, compassionate and tolerant. Many nines are blessed with artistic genius. Nines are independent and headstrong, and don’t like to leave things undone.


Yay, I'm sacred! And I'm a genius! I agree. :) I'm not entirely tolerant (it depends on the situation), but I'm very headstrong. I like this one!


You can find Chelsea online at The Page Flipper.

Today's daily giveaway is a double: A copy of Selfish Elf Wish by Heather Swain, and a custom Cinderella Society bookmark and glass slipper, courtesy of Kay Cassidy.