Sunday, October 10, 2010

Party with Laurie Stolarz

Next on the blog is party girl and GCC sister, Laurie Stolarz.

Laurie is the author of several popular young adult novels, including the bestselling Blue is for Nightmares series, Project 17, Bleed, and the Touch series, Deadly Little Secret, Deadly Little Lies, and Deadly Little Games (coming your way in December.) She loves Indian food and dark chocolate (we could so hang out!) and once broke into a haunted mental institution. (True story - while she was researching for Project 17.) The paperback edition of Deadly Little Lies was just released (and is our freebie today.)

About Deadly Little Lies:

Last fall, sixteen-year-old Camelia fell for Ben, a new boy at school who had a very mysterious gift – psychometry, the ability to sense the future through touch. But just as Camelia and Ben's romance began to heat up, he abruptly left town. Brokenhearted, Camelia has spent the last few months studying everything she can about psychometry and experiencing strange brushes with premonition. Camelia wonders if Ben's abilities have somehow been transferred to her.

Ben returns to school, but he remains aloof, and Camelia can't get close enough to share her secret with him. Camelia makes the painful decision to let him go and move on. Adam, the hot new guy at Knead, seems good for her in ways Ben wasn't. But when Camelia and Adam start dating, a surprising love triangle results. A chilling sequence of events uncovers secrets from Ben’s past – and Adam's. Someone is lying, and it's up to Camelia to figure out who – before it's too late.

Laurie's numbers and response:

Eighteen is an ambiguous number. It can be a warning of materialism striving to destroy the spiritual side of nature, but it can also indicate counsel and the promise of being led in the right direction if one listens to the guidance they are given.

Hmmm... Well, I'd like to think of myself as not materialistic, but sometimes, I suppose, I can get carried away. I love fashion and clothing, which is a complete contrast to the way I was when I was younger. Growing up, we didn't have a lot of money, so I never paid much attention to what I was wearing. Maybe, subconsciously somehow, that's why I'm so interested in it now. I do have a hard time buying the stuff though. I have a secret obsession (not so secret anymore) of shopping online, putting stuff in my cart, and then dumping it all. If and when I do buy stuff, I often feel guilty, and then end up donating other things (perhaps the “being led in the right direction” part?).


Twenty-seven is a fortunate vibration, symbolized as “the scepter”. This command number encompasses fairness and wisdom and empowers one to act on their productive intellect. Creative seeds sown will reap a good harvest. Twenty-sevens have compassion and the desire to work for humanity as a whole with an original approach to the solution of problems.

I do think this one holds true. I consider myself very fair and very compassionate. I try to consider both sides of a given situation, looking at the different perspectives. I also love contributing to the community and feel very grateful for how fortunate I've been. It's important to me to give back.


Your name number vibration is nine. Interestingly, nine shows up in your reading three times (as the first and last name compound numbers are reduced, and again as the name number.) Nine must be very strong with you.
The number nine is considered sacred by the Chaldeans. It contains the forces of all the other numbers and stands for a complete cycle of growth. Nines tend to be selfless, compassionate and tolerant. Many nines are blessed with artistic genius. Nines are independent and headstrong, and don’t like to leave things undone.
I think this one holds true as well. I'm very responsible and very deadline-driven. I never leave work undone. I consider myself very tolerant and compassionate. I'm very independent, having started working at nine. I can be headstrong, but I like to try and see things from different perspectives. And, as for artistic genius? Well, um, duh, have you read my work? (Just kidding:)

You can read more about Laurie and her books at lauriestolarz.com.

Today's daily giveaway is a signed copy of DEADLY LITTLE LIES.