Friday, November 12, 2010

Winner and Freebie Friday

OK, so I lied. The extra day turned into two. I'm learning that this month is all about consolidation if I'm going to get everything I need to done.

So, finally, here is the winner of THE MOCKINGBIRDS by Daisy Whitney:

April

Please send your mailing instructions to gerb (@) lindagerber (.) com and we'll get that sent out to you!

Meanwhile, with so much on my plate, I've been fairly obsessed with goals this month. I'm great at setting them. I'm not so great about meeting them. I haven't completely figured out the misfire between the two yet, but I think I'm getting close. My most obvious downfall is that the rest of my life doesn't always want to step out of the way to let me reach my goals easily and without obstacles. When I hit a roadblock, I tend to get fatalistic and I lose motivation because I'm convinced I can't reach my goals, given my setbacks.

And then I saw this video this week. It made me smile... and think:



Now here's a kid with an entire defensive line of obstacles, but he didn't let that stop him from reaching the goal line. He just had to think outside the norm and come up with an alternate way to get around them... and then didn't let anything stop him.

I think that might be the key.

Swimmer Lewis Gordon Pugh says there's "nothing as powerful as the made-up mind." Maybe it's as simple as deciding that I'm going to meet my goals, visualizing me meeting them, and then doing whatever it takes to get there.

For this week's freebie, I am offering a signed copy of TRANCE and a box of peanut butter and chocolate Buckeyes (go Bucks!) to enjoy while reading. To be entered to win, leave a comment below, sharing some of your secrets for setting and meeting goals.

This drawing will remain open until Wednesday, November 17. You can count on it. This week, my mind's made up about that!